2 NYPD pigs acquitted of rape, responses
28.05.2011 § Leave a comment
“Defense lawyers pointed to surveillance footage of the woman walking on her own as she entered the building in front of the officers as evidence that she was conscious and able to communicate. They also contrasted what the woman told some friends shortly after the alleged rape — that she thought she was raped — with the certainty that she was expressing on the witness stand. Her spotty recollection of that night, the defense said, was enough to raise reasonable doubt over whether she was raped.”– NY times article Here.
Best of: today’s protest against the NYPD rape cops
1) the people who got pissed when the woman in the front thanked the police who were surrounding us in the pen.
2) when the Rude Mechanical Orchestra broke free of the pen and everyone followed them out onto the street.
3) when a random woman gave me a megaphone and said, “Just take it. Say whatever you want. Find me when you’re done with it.”
4) when me and my grrrls took over the chorus of “We Shall Overcome” with “we think cops are scuuuuuum.”
5) when we got mad at the lady with the news camera who kept pushing to interview me shortly after the scum cops song— and I wouldn’t because she seemed to have an agenda and I wasn’t about to represent All Feminists Ever on local/national news. My friend came to my defense and said “We don’t fucking care about the media, go away.” And the camerawoman said, “The media can help your cause, you know.” And we said, “Not your media.” I said, “I have a blog, I’ll just write about this later.”
9) when a disgruntled dude kept yelling “COP-FREE NYC” over the people who were yelling “RAPE-FREE NYC,” and a woman stopped him and said “Listen! This march is against rape!” And he yelled back, “I’m not a girl! Why would I yell that?” And another dude pulled him aside and schooled him.
10) when hundreds of people— all kinds of people— decided that rape was a cause that was important enough to get angry about, beyond the pens and into the streets. And we fucking brought it.